The Perth City Link (PCL) project aims to reconnect the Perth CBD and the Northbridge entertainment precinct for the first time in 100 years, by:
• Sinking the Fremantle Line between William Street and Lake/King Streets;
• Upgrading Perth Station and ensuring platform capacity for future growth;
• Linking Perth Station and Perth Underground with a pedestrian underpass;
• Replacing Wellington Street Bus Station with a new underground facility.
TRACK PM ROLE
Track PM managed the delivery of the Reference Design for the then-named Wellington Street Bus Station. Track PM also managed the development and preparation of documents that founded the City Busport Alliance.
• Large number of external stakeholders;
• Compressed program and timeframe due to early delays in project commencement;
• Preparing accurate, usable documentation for a congested brownfields site with uncharted underground services.
• Specifications and drawings completed within condensed timeframe;
• PTA well-positioned to undertake centralised asset management for multiple assets in the Perth CBD;
• City Busport Alliance contract awarded in October 2013, with an expected completion date of July 2016.
Track PM brought a strong understanding of the importance of integrating the PTA’s business operations and infrastructure in the Perth CBD. This includes integrated communications, electrical and control systems, as well as emergency response and maintence systems. The result was a Reference Design and Tender Documentation that accurately reflected project needs across the entire life cycle, and minimises potential for risk and surprises at a later date.
Client: Public Transport Authority of Western Australia (PTA WA)
Type: Bus infrastructure
Role: Reference Design and Tender Documentation
Value: $250 million (bus component of PCL)