The new Perth Stadium presented an opportunity for the Public Transport Authority (PTA) to concurrently develop the transport solution within the sports precinct, rather than retrofit it into a constrained space. The project proposes integrated train, bus and pedestrian approach to provide spectators with multiple transport options and reduce reliance on private vehicles for transport to and from major events.
TRACK PM ROLE
Track PM provided the Principal Project Manager for Civil, Track and Overhead as part of the nPSTI Forward Works.
• Planning and executing works on a brownfield site with very restricted access;
• Planning and undertaking critical path activities in a compressed timeframe;
• Finding and relocating existing services;
• Working on restricted site with multiple contractors;
• Working in close proximity to operating rail lines.
Track PM’s experienced personnel provided the necessary negotiation and change management skills ‘on the ground’ to ensure delivery of critical path activities. Track PM’s adopted a proactive approach to managing various different contractors along a long, thin site. This included anticipating issues, negotiating regularly and directly with contract managers and making difficult decisions where required.
Client: Public Transport Authority of Western Australia (PTA WA)
Type: Rail infrastructure
Date: 2014 – 2015
Role: Project Management – Civil, Track and Overhead works
Value: $29 million