The new Perth Stadium presented an opportunity for the Public Transport Authority (PTA) to concurrently develop the transport solution within the sports precinct, rather than retrofit it into a constrained space. The project proposes integrated train, bus and pedestrian approach to provide spectators with multiple transport options and reduce reliance on private vehicles for transport to and from major events.
TRACK PM ROLE
Track PM managed the development of the Project Definition Plan (PDP) and the Project Management Plan for delivery of the project (see separate project profile for Forward Works program management).
• Multi-disicpline design management and significant stakeholder interface (internal and external);
• Scope definition in light of concurrent planning with sports precinct;
• Planning for works on a brownfields site with multiple land uses and several key environmental constraints.
• PDP was approved to secure funding of $298 million for the delivery of the new Perth Stadium Transport Infrastructure;
• Successful stakeholder alignment of final Project Definition Plan;
• Project delivery scheduled for completion by the commencement of the 2019 AFL season.
Track PM has developed a unique classification system for PTA projects, to use as a basis for developing a rigorous Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). This reduces the risk of an ill-defined scope and subsequent impacts and was successfully applied to the PDP and Project Management Plan. Track PM also integrated our technical knowledge with the PTA’s culture, priorities and corporate requirements to deliver a thorough and robust project plan.
Client: Public Transport Authority of Western Australia (PTA WA)
Type: Rail, bus and pedestrian infrastructure
Role: Management – project definition and project management planning
Value: $298 million